Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Gluten-Free Muffin Love

I decided to do some gluten-free baking this morning to mix things up a bit around here. Feeling adventurous, I decided to create my own recipe for some peach muffins, since I LOVE peaches, and they are starting to come into season. In fact, I have my very own peach tree. (Here's to hoping it produces fruit this year!) Since I also love peach cobbler, I thought it would be super tasty to make a peach cobbler muffin. I pulled a bunch of potential ingredients, as well as the usual baking as sundries and went to work, hoping they would turn out.

Oh. My. Goodness.

Yum-o!!!! You would never know they are gluten-free! And with the almond, coconut and flax, they even have some redeeming qualities. I am sure you could pour the batter into a small loaf pan as well - adjusting the baking time, of course. You could even drizzle a bit of powdered sugar icing over it or just slather a touch of butter. SO GOOD!!! I am definitely adding this recipe to my gluten-free collection. Just thought I would share. :)

R’s Gluten-Free Peach Cobbler Muffins

1C almond flour
2T coconut flour
2T flax meal
1t baking soda
1/4t sea salt
2t cinnamon
3 eggs
1/4C grapeseed oil
1/4C + 1T peach preserves (I use Fredericksburg ones from Costco)
1T honey
1t vanilla
1/4C finely chopped (about ¼ in) fresh peach

1.Combine all of the dry ingredients.
2.Add the wet ingredients.
3.Stir in the fresh peaches.
4.Pour into well greased muffin tin (2/3 full).
5.Bake at 350 degrees for 14 minutes.

So super easy! Now, if I can just stop us from eating them all...

No comments: